Family Tree Jokes
There are a lot of jokes out there about genealogy and family history in general. In fact, when I typed “family tree jokes” into a search engine, I came up with several great sites.
One of them is Genealogy Jokes at http://www.mudfacemarge.com/Jokes1g.html. You could spend a long time laughing at all the family tree jokes on this site. You will enjoy this site and will likely be able to relate to many of the family tree jokes, especially those that refer to the illusive nature of those on our family tree whom we just can’t find or the problem with living in an isolated area (you know what I mean!). Or maybe some of these jokes reflect the state of mind you find yourself in after working intensively on your family tree!
Some of the jokes on this site bear repeating, so thanks to Marge who set up this web site and here are the top fifty family tree jokes.
- My family coat of arms ties at the back….is that normal?
- My family tree is a few branches short! All help appreciated.
- My ancestors must be in a witness protection program!
- Shake your family tree and watch the nuts fall!
- My hobby is genealogy; I raise dust bunnies as pets.
- How can one ancestor cause so much TROUBLE??
- I looked into my family tree and found out I was a sap.
- I’m not stuck, I’m ancestrally challenged.
- I’m searching for myself; have you seen me?
- If only people came with pull-down menus and on-line help…
- Isn’t genealogy fun? The answer to one problem leads to two more!
- It’s 2000… Do you know where your-Gr-Gr-Grandparents are?
- A family reunion is an effective form of birth control.
- A family tree can wither if nobody tends its roots.
- A new cousin a day keeps the boredom away.
- After 30 days, unclaimed ancestors will be adopted.
- Am I the only person up my tree… sure seems like it.
- Any family tree produces some lemons, some nuts and a few bad apples.
- Can a first cousin once removed … RETURN?
- FLOOR: The place for storing your priceless genealogy records.
- Gene-Allergy: It’s a contagious disease, but I love it.
- Genealogists are time unravelers.
- Genealogy is like playing hide and seek: They hide… I seek!
- Genealogy: Tracing yourself back to better people.
- “Crazy” is a relative term in my family.
- A pack rat is hard to live with, but makes a fine ancestor.
- I want to find ALL of them! So far I only have a few thousand.
- I should have asked them BEFORE they died!
- I think my ancestors had several “Bad heir” days.
- I’m always late. My ancestors arrived on the JUNEflower.
- Only a Genealogist regards a step backwards as progress.
- Share your knowledge; it is a way to achieve immortality.
- Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!
- It’s an unusual family that hath neither a lady of the evening or a thief.
- Many a family tree needs pruning.
- Shh! Be very, very quiet…. I’m hunting forebearers.
- Snobs talk as if they had begotten their own ancestors!
- That’s strange: half my ancestors are WOMEN!
- I’m not sick; I’ve just got fading genes.
- Genealogists live in the past lane.
- Cousins marrying cousins: Very tangled roots!
- Cousins marrying cousins: A non-branching family tree.
- All right! Everybody out of the gene pool!
- Always willing to share my ignorance…
- Documentation… The hard part.
- Genealogy: Chasing your own tale!
- Genealogy… will I ever find time to mow the lawn again?
- All the really important information is on that missing page
- I researched my family tree… and apparently I don’t exist!
- SO MANY ANCESTORS………………………SO LITTLE TIME!
Another web site with great jokes (and some touching stories) is Genealogy Jokes and Poems at http://members.home.nl/sjouwke/genealogie/jokes.htm. Another is Genealogy Jokes at http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jimella/genejoke.htm. I hope you enjoy some of them! Have a look when you need a break from looking at the serious stuff!
|Print article||This entry was posted by All Family Tree on April 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM, and is filed under Family Tree. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.|
Comments are closed.